In the Moroccan chicken recipe, the sauce is really delicious and not very spicy. This could be the reason why you’ll love Moroccan cooking. This chicken recipe makes use of boneless chicken breasts with sauce that is a tasty blend of hot, delicious and sweet flavors that a non-curry eater would enjoy.
This is a breast chicken recipe that utilizes traditional Moroccan spices like cinnamon, turmeric and cumin. The lemons are also another typical ingredient of the Moroccan cuisine. This recipe is very simple with unusual flavors and aromas brought by the spices that make them more sophisticated.
The yogurt is just optional especially for those who prefer a less spicy choice. You may serve this with couscous to go with the Moroccan theme.
The Moroccan Style Chicken Recipe
4-6 pieces boneless chicken breast fillets
1 tsp or 5ml black pepper, ground
1 tsp or 5ml lemon juice
1 onion, chopped
3 tbsp or 45 ml olive oil
1 tsp or 5ml ground cinnamon
1/3 tsp turmeric
1 ½ tsp ground
200ml tomato and chili sauce
½ cup water
1 tsp or 5ml chicken stock powder
1 tsp garlic and herb seasoning
2-3 tbsp honey
½ cup yogurt, optional
¼ cup flaked almonds
Procedure in Cooking the Moroccan Style Chicken Breasts
1. The oven should be preheated to 200deg. C.
2. Season the chicken breasts with some lemon juice, 1 tsp of olive oil and black pepper. Let it set while you are making the sauce.
3. Saute the onion until it becomes golden and soft, then add the cumin, cinnamon and turmeric and cook using low heat for 30 seconds in order to release the oils of the spices. Don’t let the spices to scorch.
4. Pour the tomato and chili sauce, water, chicken stock powder, and garlic and herb seasoning. Taste it to see if it has a good spiciness. Make necessary spice adjustments to suit your taste. Boil the sauce for three minutes. If you have used the yogurt, then stir and pour the sauce on an ovenproof casserole dish.
5. Arrange the seasoned portions of chicken in a single layer on top of the sauce and drizzle with honey and sprinkle over some almonds.
6. Leave it uncovered. Then for thirty minutes, bake the chicken breasts.
7. This is really delicious with herbed couscous and some green salad with honey mustard dressing to balance the sweet flavors. This style can also be used for recipes for chicken salad as well as the chicken soup recipe.