Online dating has become one of the latest trends on the internet, the number of sites on the internet offering Online Match Dating services steadily rising and the trend gaining more and more popularity among the internet users.
Studies conducted of the American online dating scene revealed that spending on online match dating services continues to increase. As this particular market niche develops though so do the various ways in which people who utilize them can be scammed. Thus as with social networking sites there are certain things that online match dating service users should keep in mind. Below is a list of what you shouldn’t do that should help guide you in your interactions with others online.
· First and foremost never share any personal or financial information with someone you have just met through online match dating services or otherwise.
· Never send wire transfers of funds to individuals you interact with online not even if the claim to be in an emergency situation. Once you send a wire transfer there is no way to guarantee you will get your money back as they are virtually untraceable.
· Never give out personal information such as your real name, phone number, home address or work address. Inline with this you should avoid posting this information on your profile.
· While using online match dating services it is highly advisable that you exercise as much caution as possible, at least until you have established that you can trust whoever you are communicating with.
· Block any abusive users from viewing your profile or initiating any kind of interaction with you. You should also report them to the site administrators who will take the appropriate action.
· Avoid meeting people whom you have connected with through the online Match Dating service in person until you have gotten to know them satisfactorily.