Real estate studies have shown that potential buyers decide on a property in the first thirty seconds after entering a house. Some have already made up their mind while still standing on the curb. Beat the odds. Professional staging can make your property stand out from other Kansas City homes for sale.
You can sell your home 30 to 50 percent faster than your competitors by applying staging techniques that have brought professionals tremendous success.
- The first action on the agenda is to remove all the clutter. This is not a game of roulette. Everything of no value to you has to go now. Bye-Bye! Throw it out, give it to a friend, or donate it to a good cause. Do whatever feels appropriate.
- Remove excess furniture and personal decorations. Pack your grandkid’s drawings, your family photos, dart tournament trophies, and the antique mantel clock you inherited from a favorite aunt. Buyers want to visualize their possessions in the home. Your knickknacks can be distracting.
- Clean drawers, closets, and any other storage the house has to offer. Home-buying visitors will look inside, as they want to know if there is enough room to keep their clothes, linens, Christmas ornaments, garden tools, and other stuff.
- Address your repairs. Buyers will be looking for ready-to-move-in Kansas City homes for sale. They are excited about their purchase, and do not want to be bothered with painting walls, replacing floor boards, upgrading the old mailbox, and fixing leaky faucets. They want to move in, and enjoy their new home.
- Add color to the garden. Place fresh flowers throughout the house. Empty the garbage can before every showing, as bad odors are a turn-off. Dishes should be completed after every meal, and keep up with the laundry. Dirty clothes and bath towels do not belong on the floor. Store toys after every play session.
- Ask a Kansas City real estate agent or a professional stager to inspect the home. Take their advice to heart. You won’t regret it.